As a student of our online Human Services Associate Degree, you’ll have the opportunity to develop the foundation of knowledge and skills required to work within the helping profession. Our curriculum focuses on the areas of professional helping skills, behavioral theory, and current social issues. Students are equipped to conduct ethical practice, establish appropriate boundaries, and apply their skills within professional environments that offer services to people.
This program can help you:
- Facilitate an appreciation of self-awareness and the diversity of humanity, especially as this relates to the variety of human services careers
- Provide you with a core knowledge base in human behavior theory, research methods, and social welfare policy in preparation for a career and/or graduate study
- Promote an understanding of the human services perspective related to individuals, groups, and communities
- Integrate healthy professional boundaries and best ethical practices within a human services capacity
- Demonstrate professional helping skills within the classroom and apply the skills within a professional environment
Fill out the form on this page to learn more about our Associate’s Degree in Human Services!
“The MAED program was a very comprehensive and robust experience that definitely added value to my professional and academic experience. The faculty provided me with tangible skills and a fresh approach to both research and practice in education.”